Open to all high school students.
The best of the best, showing high school student short films from here and abroad. All filmmakers must be present to participate. Out-of-state filmmakers may attend via live video call.
- Top prize: $500 to Best in Show
- Entry Fee $10 (limit 3 submissions per person)
Prizes to be Awarded at the Festival
- Best in Show - $500
- 2nd Place - $250
- 3rd Place - $100
- Achievement in Writing - $100
- Highest Production Values - $100
- Mayor’s Award - $100
- Audience Award - $100
Screen Test reserves the right to withhold awards for any category where criteria are not met.
Enter Online Now
Submission Guidelines & Information
- Projects with a running time of 10 minutes or less will be accepted.
- As of Fall, 2019, primary Director and Writer must be a high school student in grades 9-12 (see eligibility guidelines for students outside the U.S.).
- Primary Director must participate in festival either in person or via live video call (i.e. Skype).
- Per submission, entry fee is $10
- Only three submissions (i.e. projects) are allowed per person.
- Only projects completed after March 1, 2019 are eligible for competition.
- Production photographs and other supporting materials and information (i.e. bios) may be included with the application.
- Permission and/or licensing rights for any music used in a project must be acquired from the publisher and/or composer.
- While the work submitted remains the property of the creating artist, the Village of Schaumburg reserves the right to use submitted footage or stills to promote the festival at any time.Filmmaker also permits use of images or video taken of him or her at the festival.
- Deadline for submission: Monday, February 17, 2020 (late deadline March 9, 2020).
- All filmmakers will be notified regarding acceptance into the festival by Wednesday, March 25, 2020.